Now that you have submitted your application, you probably feel a great sense of relief as well as some apprehension regarding the upcoming admissions decision. So what do you do during those awkward weeks as you wait? Here are just a few suggestions:
- Do not second-guess yourself. Don’t start thinking about what you should have, could have, or would have written now that you’ve had more time to ponder your essays. It’s done – do not dwell on this.
- Be aware that we will update all SIS data prior to reviewing, so if your schedule changes, this will be reflected in your application. This includes withdrawing from courses, so be very careful when adjusting your schedule.
- Keep up with your coursework and continue to work hard academically.
- Don’t worry about the decision deadline. You will know your decision the middle of March – there is no set date for your decision e-mail to be sent.
- Relax. The hard part is over. Enjoy whatever weather Mother Nature sends our way as much as you can, exercise, and start looking forward to spring.
Above all, keep in mind that you are at UVA, one of the best (okay, THE best) public universities in the country and the education you receive will provide a firm foundation for a successful future, no matter what happens in March. There are so many opportunities for you, whether or not you are in the Commerce School, and the McIntire Student Services Office will be happy to meet with you to discuss your options.