By now, most of you who plan to apply for fall 2012 know that the application is now available online. As you begin to prepare your application (after exams, please!), please be aware that some questions and concerns may come up when you start to review. Please check the following as you prepare your application:
- Make sure that your name and all contact information are correct in SIS, including both local and permanent addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, and the spelling of your name.
- Check to make sure that any AP credit and/or testing credit you received are listed on your transcript, especially if these are being used to satisfy any of the prerequisites.
- Review any waivers you have been given. The more common of these are foreign language through placement exams and English writing through SATs or portfolio reviews. If you believe that you have received a waiver(s) for a requirement and the requirement is showing up as missing, contact the Comm Admissioner for further information.
- Remember that all prerequisites MUST completed by the time you would enter the School should admission be offered. If you are missing a requirement, please make note of this on the application where provided. You will need to complete the course in the summer; if you do not and are offered admission, the offer can be rescinded.
- Spring courses should be on your transcript so that the committee will know what courses you are planning to take. Some of you may still be adding or changing courses; if your schedule changes after you have submitted the application, please be aware that we receive updated copies of your transcript and will be able to review these changes.
- Do not make the mistake of getting hung up on courses that you think will look good to the committee. You should challenge yourself in your course selection, but also make sure these are courses that you will enjoy and learn from.
- Check your essays, and do not rely on spell-check. This feature, wonderful as it is, can suggest a wrong word. Proofread more than once and have someone review all of your essays.
- Do not hit submit too soon. The review of applications will not begin until after the due date of Jan. 23, 2012, so submitting early does not benefit you. Make sure you have everything taken care of, reviewed, listed, and completed before you click on that icon. Most importantly, make sure your grades from fall are listed and correct.
More information about the admissions process and awaiting the decision is coming soon.