Aside from being home to the best school ever (no bias here) and the best M.S. in Accounting program ever (no bias here either), Charlottesville has no shortage of fun things to do outside of U.Va. Check out the bucket list below for some of our favorite C-ville activities!
Monticello: Thomas Jefferson’s plantation home (photo credit: Grace Neill)
5. Eat at all of the restaurants on The Corner. (Fun Fact: C-ville has the highest restaurants per capita in the U.S.) Some of our favorite on The Corner and beyond: Mas, Lemongrass, The Local, Continental Divide, Eppie’s, Blue Moon Diner, Boylan Heights and Bodo’s Bagels. There are some seriously delicious eats in town so be sure to check them out!
7. Grab the #1 ticket at Bodo’s Bagels.
8. Golf with Professor Lefanowicz and Professor Wilkie. Not only are these two of the most intelligent professors ever, but their love for golf and challenging each other across classes in regards to sports and overall life, makes you want to head out to the course as soon as class gets out and challenge them yourself!
9. Join an intramural sport team to represent M.S. in Commerce.
10. Cruise around in the Wahooptie.
11. Get to the Farmer’s Market on Saturdays. Don’t forget to wait in line for some tacos!
12. Stand at the podium in the Dome room of the Rotunda and feel the power of TJ. Going to see the newly renovated Rotunda is a must. But most importantly, if you take a deep breath and double step up the side staircase to get to the second floor, the immediate brightness from the dome will catch you off guard.
Read more about things to do in C-ville here!